Saturday, March 6, 2010

Shooting a Reality Show on Medical Marijuana



___I'm currently shooting a reality show pilot based out of one of the many Medical Marijuana shops in California. There are 5 total shoot days for the pilot and so far we have completed only one. We shot numerous interviews as well as some b-roll and I was pretty happy with how most of the footage looked. I only had a small lighting package to work with for the interviews but the director seemed happy with the look. I didn't want to use just ambient lighting even though it was a reality show but at the same time I didn't want it to look like a film. All in all I think the footage looks a bit more "filmic" than your every day reality show but I like it. We shot with two EX1's. I did most of the lighting and shot the tighter setups while the B-Camera operator covered the interviews wider and or profile. It was an interesting shoot to say the least. There will certainly be more than enough footage to cut together a 22 minute pilot. I'm interested to see what we are shooting throughout the next 4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment