Saturday, September 25, 2010

Rise And Shine: The Final Touches

After about 50 shooting Days and only 31 editing days, Rise and Shine: The Jay DeMerit Story is complete. This marks the end of my second feature in which I have taken on the roles of both D.P. and editor. I enjoy both positions and am glad to have taken them on, but shooting is definitely my favorite of the two. As my career continues to unfold, I really want to concentrate solely on cinematography and continue to learn more and more about the art of lighting.

This project has taken me to 3 different continents over the past 6 months and it is amazing to see it finally come together into something great. It has been a crazy ride, from dragging light kits on trains in London to running around shooting in the townships of South Africa. It has been a huge learning experience for me, as every project always is, and I am grateful to have had such an amazing opportunity. As I have said before, I can’t wait to see what is next for this film as it enters the festival circuit. Wish it the best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment