Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Shooting Days 4 & 5

After shooting 14 hours on saturday with a 5 hour turn around into sundays 8 hour shoot, we are all still standing.  We shot night for day on Saturday's shoot, so Kelly and I tented all the windows and doors, allowing no natural light to fill the set. It was long and intense, but we got through it and we made the day.  If I didn't have a pocket full of granola bars I probably would have died.  I can't say all of us were in the best of spirits as 1:00 A.M. rolled around and we were still shooting, but the important thing is no one gave up. Pulling onto campus at 8:00 A.M. the next morning and seeing some of the crew already beginning to congregate at the meeting place was a great feeling. This was one moment where I knew that there were others in the crew that were as dedicated to TMC as I am.  To see the commitment and dedication of others in the crew really makes me feel great about this film.  In terms of creating a shot list, Cody and I have gotten better at visually expressing where the shot will be set up to one another so that there is no confusion on set.  Communication as a whole on set is getting better, not quite there completely, but getting better.  Every shoot we get more efficient as a crew, and thats what counts.  Overall I would say it was a successful weekend.  I learned a lot, as I do every shoot.  We are holding a meeting today with the heads of every department to discuss how we can do better next weekend and eliminate any "opportunities" that we had last weekend from popping up again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment