Thursday, February 12, 2009

Week From Hell

This week has been filled with nothing but opportunities.  Everything that could have gone wrong, has.  First, we were denied our shooting location on circular ave. that prior to this week we thought was all set.  Then, we found out the costumes for the actors were not even CLOSE to being ready for this weekends shoots.  Then, Cody and I realized that some of the scenes that were scheduled to be shot on saturday the actors were not prepared for.  It seems there just isn't enough time in the week for us to be fully prepared. 

With all this said, shooting must continue.  I wrote a letter to the women who denied us our location emphasizing the validity of our project and trying to convince her that this was something worth reconsidering.  After a battle of almost an entire day, our location was once again set.  OPPORTUNITY ONE SOLVED at the expense of me and others wasting a whole day battling and not getting any REAL work done.  

Vinnie, Justin and others took off for New York to head to Vinnie's Grandmothers house to sew like mad.  Vinnie's grandmother apparently has a sewing machine and her and a few of the crew members are going at it with trying to sew the robes for tomorrows shoots.  I haven't heard an update from them yet but I'm going to be optimistic and say, OPPORTUNITY TWO SOLVED. 

Cody and I went back over all the scenes for the weekend and cut a few that the actors were not prepared for.  These cuts should not set us back in the long run because we are returning to the circular Ave. house anyway in the spring to shoot some other scenes. We will shoot the scenes that we cut out from this weekend then. Our day wont be as long as we expected on saturday which is also good. OPPORTUNITY THREE SOLVED.  

Cody did some work on the website earlier and then I spent forever on the website today getting it up and running finally.  I was glad when I finished but now its 4:30 and the shot list still isn't finished because I've been spending my time on things that I shouldn't have to. However, the show must go on and at least now we have a website to send out to EVERYONE. 





2 comments:

  1. If there's any way to pace yourselves and the production a bit more, that may help a lot. (That's easy for me to say, I know.) You've established an incredibly intense workload and schedule of production, and as time goes on, this pace of work will really start to test you. You don't want to set yourself up for "opportunities" that you can't surmount. Pay as much attention as possible to small details, since those are the things that can really hang you up. Re-examine priorities, which I know you're trying to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good advice becky... will take that into account

    ReplyDelete