Saturday, February 6, 2010

First Feature in LA


After getting settled in LA for a few days I managed to get on board a feature called "Mother's Little Helpers" starring Denise Richards and Jim Belushi. I can't believe after 4 days here I'm already a part of very legit production. I've gathered from people so far that it is extremely hard to break into the industry and to get on any sets at all, never mind a feature with some big names attached to it. I consider myself extremely lucky to have already gotten such a great opportunity and I'm working hard to make it count. This one job could make or break my career out here.

I really like everyone on set and I'm trying to learn as much as I can from the people in each department. There is a really fine line between not asking enough questions and asking too many. It's hard because you want people to notice you and the fact that you want to learn, but at the same time you don't want to be annoying and interrupt the flow on set. It's only my second day but I'm already beginning to feel that camaraderie that can only come from spending 14 hours a day in a hotel room with the same people night after night. I forgot how much fun it was to be a part of a team again.

Hopefully if I work hard enough on set this next week and a half, someone on the crew will be impressed enough to want to hire me on their next project, and so on and so forth until I can start making some money and officially say I made it in this crazy industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment